Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 and after letting the truck sit over night batterys will die. Both batterys are new. Anyone have this problem before??

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
thats not a common problem or anything u more than likely have a draw somewhere that is killing the batteries

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I would say you have a current draw as well. Check your fues box with a test light or a meter. You should not have power your fuses when the key is off. There may be one or two for interior lights and whatnot but only when the door is open. It also could be a faulte door switch or something

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Your problem could be a bad battery-- before you chase an unknown-- have the batteries retested. A weak battery will result in two weak battery, as the try to balance the volts between them. Be sure they remove one cable to isolate them as they are wired in parallel to make one large battery.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Also look at the battery connectors. I had the same issue and what my problem was the rubber boots around the connector cables where getting in the way of the connection and pretty much not connecting with the battery fully. I trimmed my rubber boots a little and haven't had a problem ever since.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would deff check the batteries, make sure they are disconnected because as allready stated if they are connected it won't be an accurate test. just because the batteries are new doesn't mean they r good. I have multiple batteries over my years working at a dealership (Yamaha) be bad rght off the shelf.

As I was typing I just remebered my truck still pretty new I think I was still under 20k had a bad battery replaced under warrenty. but the first start of the day was really slow sometimes it took a couple tries to get it started

Auto Zone and most other stores will do free batter load testing

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Do you have the plow package on your truck? I forget the official light term but that beacon light switch could be turned on and it drawing amps all night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts