Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has the filter specs for the AirDog II, PPE, FASS, or other fuel/air seperation, pump systems?

Do they take generic filters or do you have to order replacements from them?

What do they filter down to, microns?

Are Coalescer filters available?

I understand the first filter is mainly a water seperator and pre-pump filter, but what about the second?

Do they still use the original fuel filter or by-pass it?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with them, and how they are doing.

I also was wondering how they do with up to B20 biodiesel? And if there are any stations in NE MN that sell any blends of Bio?

·
Registered
322 Posts
My FASS came with a Donaldson Filter, 2 Micron i believe. I still use my factory fuel filter

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here is the system I installed about 3 months ago. The kit includes a Donaldson P551311 and the beauty is that here in Canada I can get this filter for about 16.00. Cheaper than replacing those GM filters as often.
They say it filters down to two microns nominal and five microns absolute. Easy to install and uses two existing holes in the frame.
Will have to see once I cut the filters open to see how the original GM filter is working for me as they say it basically becomes a water separator.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a good hard look at the airdog website. They have two secondary filters available, a 2 micron and a 10 micron. They say nothing about the existing filter, but by the installation instructions I think it leaves it out of the loop. It might have generic filters available, but says nothing about it.

The sites theory has a lot of holes in it. It shows no gain in power, efficiency, or emissions over base line. Just increases over air in the system caused by cavitation, which could only have air if it was introduced in the system by running out of fuel or changing the filter. The airdog would not do anything about air already in the system past the airdog, which would still be held in there while running by cavitation.

I still like the idea of filtering down to 2 microns, and having a lift pump instead of full suction, but it doesn't seem as important now. It would be more beneficial if I was pushing more HP and needed the extra fuel delivery.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Their referring to air being introduced by fuel sloshing in the tank, or from fillups. Thats where most of the air gets introduced into the fuel. After the pump there's nothing but pure "air free" fuel (in theory)

·
Registered
393 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.