Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I went with Isspro EV series gauges, YOu really dont need a fuel psi as it will read negative untill you put a lift pump on. You dont have to remove the exhaust manifold i installed my gauges in about two hours here at home! YOu might have to remove the upper intake depending on how hidden you want the fitting and hose for the boost gauge but its not hard at all. I removed mine and you really have to look to see where its at:) !

Hope this helps
Caleb

·
Registered
300 Posts
2. our trucks run vacuum not psi unless you have a lift pump installed

3. eveything expensive anymore. Pay attention to ebay and you can usally get some used ones quit abit cheaper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
putting in the pyro gage

I have to start by saying that I haven't put in the pyro gage yet, but I hav talked to a few people at my work who have, and a couple have done it without taking the turbo intake off, they lubed up the drill bit with some grease (not sure what type) and used a heavy magnet to get the metal shavings out of the intake. It worked, he put it in a couple of years ago on his cummings. Just food for thought on how hard it would be to put in the gage.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive installed the pyro on my truck and 2 cummins. I didnt use any grease. Just remember to keep the truck idleing while your doing it. 98% of the savcing blow back at you, what doesnt wont hurt the turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts