Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tossing around the idea to put an aftermarket deck in. Have a Kenwood DDX8019 from a guy out of his LBZ. Anybody using one of these? I realize its like an 07 model or something around there. Now would I just be better to just go buy new instead of that one? I have no knowledge with audio and never has been a concer just kinda want a backup cam and a touch screen. What's your guys opinions?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If your getting a good price go for it, that is a good deck as long as you don't need navigation. If you have one the iPod interface is pretty good as well, it is new enough that it has the USB full speed iPod control. You will need a couple parts to retain steering wheel and Bose/on star if you have them. If you have steering wheel controls there are a few choices for the adaptor I would highly recommend the new idata link maestro swc. It is by far the fastest responding steering wheel interface I have used us its the only one that allows you to assign two functions to each button which is a huge plus. The metra aswc and PAC swirc are both good products just a little behind the times now that idata has come out with there new one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Im getting a great price for it. Pretty much got it with the pickup just not installed. Could you kinda direct me in the right direction. Im sure I'll need a new mounting and plastic thing? Sorry Im kinda audio stupid :eek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sure you'll need

Metra
95-3305
40-cr10
Gmos-LAN-012

And for steering wheel controls you'll need either a metra aswc or my recommendation is the Idatalink maestro swc. I think it is by far the best steering wheel control interface I have ever used.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this would be plug and play pretty much then? I've heard the screens are kinda outdated. Is this something an update can take care of or isnt it really noticeable?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you didn't pull the trigger on your Kenwwod there is an ogm1 on eBay for $675 - nice unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts