Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have two duramax's an 01' and 04'. I hear you guys talk about programmers and different things you can do to increase HP. All I've done is straight exhaust and gauges(Exhaust & Boost). I'd like to keep my stock exhaust what do you guys recommend. The straight exhaust sounds awesommmmmme....

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
For the LB7 engine, the Edge Juice with Attitude is pretty good for a plug and play box. It has all sorts of safety features, although, you can still fry the tranny. If you want to look towards a hand-held programmer, Diablo Sport Predator is pretty good and you can read injector balance rates and codes. I personally have the TST Powermax and Bully Dog Powerpup. Right now I am just using the powerpup to recalibrate for my 285s. The two programmers don't play real good together. There is too much timing rattle for my liking. You should be good to run pretty much any programmer with stock exhaust (mine still has the muffler on it) as long as you watch your EGTs. The plug in boxes will back down power to keep your engine at a safe EGT level. You might have to install another EGT probe if you go that route though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used a Hypertech in my 02' now for over 2 years. I pretty much run exclusively on stage 3 which is the highest setting. Power is insane. Better have good tires though or you can't get any tracktion. Only problem was immediate need to replace a U-joint. I tow a two place snowmobile trailer, but I also have a 4" exhaust system.
Do it all over I'd buy the Edge so you can monitor and adjust as required on the fly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts