Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a mini maxx tuner and 5" Flo pro turbo back exhaust. Says it comes with dpf delete pipe.

Now here is where I have questions and confusion. Still trying To learn everything.

Dpf delete pipe and down pipe 2 different pipes?? and if so I'm assuming I need to order a delete pipe? I got a little confused on that part.

Egr delete kit- I will need to purchase an up pipe with this correct? Now it also says I can buy a DRP downpipe, is this the passenger side cooler tube and is it really needed?

Final question. I was thinking about buying the Fass 150 lift pump, is it really needed and neccassary to have? I will be running the mini maxx on the tow (mild) 75% of the time and the other 25% on street (hot) rarely changing it to wild as it is my daily driver and not to concerned about having it on extra 150hp much.

Pretty much I want to take as much stress off the transmission and reduce the heat as much as possible without spending the money on manifolds or a new transmission. I also plan on buying the transmission tune from H&S to help out the shift points

I just need a list of the things I'm suppose to have to do the full deletes and double check to make sure I'm understanding it right.

Thanks for your help
 

·
Most Known Unknown
Joined
·
29,682 Posts
I ordered a mini maxx tuner and 5" Flo pro turbo back exhaust. Says it comes with dpf delete pipe.

Now here is where I have questions and confusion. Still trying To learn everything.

Dpf delete pipe and down pipe 2 different pipes?? and if so I'm assuming I need to order a delete pipe? I got a little confused on that part.

Egr delete kit- I will need to purchase an up pipe with this correct? Now it also says I can buy a DRP downpipe, is this the passenger side cooler tube and is it really needed?

Final question. I was thinking about buying the Fass 150 lift pump, is it really needed and neccassary to have? I will be running the mini maxx on the tow (mild) 75% of the time and the other 25% on street (hot) rarely changing it to wild as it is my daily driver and not to concerned about having it on extra 150hp much.

Pretty much I want to take as much stress off the transmission and reduce the heat as much as possible without spending the money on manifolds or a new transmission. I also plan on buying the transmission tune from H&S to help out the shift points

I just need a list of the things I'm suppose to have to do the full deletes and double check to make sure I'm understanding it right.

Thanks for your help


I'm going to answer the best I can


Dpf delete pipe and down pipe 2 different pipes?? and if so I'm assuming I need to order a delete pipe? I got a little confused on that part.

Yes the DPF is the big ass muffler looking deal at the rear of the exhaust with the two hoses going to it, the downpipe is (if you look behind the plastic on the front passenger wheel well) is what connects the exhaust under the truck to the exhaust off the motor, two different things for sure but if you already have a truck specific truck it should be in the kit..... I got the down pipe back 5" flo pro and it was soooo easy and I didn't have to trim any pipes or anything!



Egr delete kit- I will need to purchase an up pipe with this correct? Now it also says I can buy a DRP downpipe, is this the passenger side cooler tube and is it really needed?

Not sure but I know for a simple quick fix, try this out

DHD 005-0098 LML Blocker Plate Duramax Diesel 6.6L 2011-2012 [005-0098] - $9.95 : All Season Diesel Performance, Your Duramax diesel performance headquarters by Tony Burkhard owner of the Dirty Hooker


Final question. I was thinking about buying the Fass 150 lift pump, is it really needed and neccassary to have? I will be running the mini maxx on the tow (mild) 75% of the time and the other 25% on street (hot) rarely changing it to wild as it is my daily driver and not to concerned about having it on extra 150hp much.

Pumpis not necessary but I can tell you from experience I drained the rails twice and don't do WOT ever, but I had an itch to race at a stop light and the truck drained the rails, so I won't be doing that anymore until I get a lift pump as well, its always better to have better filtration and I hear they help the injectors out and keep the motor readily fed of fuel!

I'd say try it first, I run mine on hot so I can't speak how the truck reacts to the lower tunes


Pretty much I want to take as much stress off the transmission and reduce the heat as much as possible without spending the money on manifolds or a new transmission. I also plan on buying the transmission tune from H&S to help out the shift points


I'd leave the tranny alone as far as tunes, but that's just my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. Looks like I will need to buy a down pipe since mine is a turbo back exhaust. And I think I will be buying the lift pump, don't really want to be draining the rails and an extra $450 to help out with something not having to work as hard plus helping the injectors is always a good thing.

Guess I need to call the place I ordered mini maxx/exhaust from and check to see if the downpipe comes with the exhaust (almost positive it doesn't though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I'm not sure. That's the whole point where I'm confused at and trying to learn about it. Damn u emissions system, why can't u be easier to understand. To many pipes, to many deletes and to much thinking. But i guess worth it in the end
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
450 Posts
turbo back = downpipe back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I have the exhaust but its at home and I work out in west Tx. I will see if I can get my dad to send me the part number tomorrow or call Rudy's diesel to see what they say. I have seen a few turbo backs. But like u said, mostly downpipe back.

Ah ok, just saw post above you. Makes sense. Just depends on how people say it. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
The 2 common exhausts are either turbo/down pipe back or cat back. I believe turbo and down pipe back are the same thing. You can do either turbo or cat back and you would still be deleting the dpf.

Just like jwc, I always run mine on the hottest tune because you get the best fuel economy that way, if you can keep your foot out of it! I've heard somewhere that these transmissions are rated up to like 1000 HP, not sure if that true but I really doubt that an extra 50 or 100 is going to hurt it. I thinks probably more about driving habits than anything else.






Sent from AutoGuide.com App
 

·
Most Known Unknown
Joined
·
29,682 Posts
. I thinks probably more about driving habits than anything else.






Sent from AutoGuide.com App


Bingo
You slapped the hooker on the ass
You hit the nail on the head
You popped the top, therefore the fun won't stop
You put the icing on the cake


Either way you are 100% correct because it all depends on how much you abuse the skinny pedal, I drive my gasser like I stole it but my heavy ass dmax gets babied


There was another convo talking about the hottest tune which turned into a huge debate about max HP vs highest tune just idling and blah blah blah, sooo its not like we are using 150 extra HP idling or cruising normal, but when we jump on the gas pedal with the tune of choice is when it gets unleashed or something along those lines

Sorry for the ramble
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,157 Posts
I don't think I've seen a kit that "includes" the down pipe as well. Not saying there isn't one, but most kits are cat back, or turbo back. You have to order the down pipe as a separate purchase order. Your kit comes with a dpf delete pipe, pretty much the big bulky muffler under the truck, will be discarded.

The transmissions we have now can handle a little more power, but not 1000hp. Stock transmission would go bye bye. And quickly. 600 is about all you need to throw at them. You have to remember, just because the tuner adds 150hp, that's not exactly 150 hp added to the rear wheels. But, with that being said, you can run the hot/performance tune with some aftermarket mods, and drive safely.

Like stated before, if you run the dog out of it, the transmission is going to go out. The clutches can't handle it. Once they burn, well, its just a matter of time.

I would recommend the lift pump to everyone, whether your truck has any mods or not. The cp4 is not one of the best fuel pumps out there. So, it needs some help. Plus, how can you go wrong with two more filters your fuel has to go through? Extra filtration is always a plus. The injectors will love you for this, as well as a constant supply of fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man, that's what I needed to know! I'm not looking at trying to get 600+ HP just some extra and the mods to make it stay cool, take pressure off of other things and make the tranny last as long as possible. I'm not one to floor it everywhere either, I usually take it easy with having to jump on it everyone in a while for a few seconds to get by someone, other than that I just want to take care of it as much as possible and not be dumb with it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,157 Posts
Why not get 600hp out of it? You will be close to that with a few aftermarket mods and running a performance tune. Just don't drag race everyday or drag 20k lbs all over the country side...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
883 Posts
Thanks man, that's what I needed to know! I'm not looking at trying to get 600+ HP just some extra and the mods to make it stay cool, take pressure off of other things and make the tranny last as long as possible. I'm not one to floor it everywhere either, I usually take it easy with having to jump on it everyone in a while for a few seconds to get by someone, other than that I just want to take care of it as much as possible and not be dumb with it.
LOL!

That's exactly what I said back in October when I joined this forum about a week after buying my new LML.

:gearjamin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mean I'm not saying I'm against having that much but whatever the dpf/egr deletes and up pipes get me along with the exhaust, intake, and fuel pump that's fine with me. But I'm sure saying this and then having it installed and grinning from ear to ear for a few weeks will change my mind.

The part I'm stuck on is if I should get the transmission tune from
H&S. I heard all it does is change the shift points to allow your truck to shift easier and that it actually takes away stress from the tranny. A guy I work with has it on his and he said its well worth the $300 for the unlock code.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
/\ he had it on an LML or a dodge?

i havent been to the website to know if they offer it to us, but i know the dodge guys at work are always squaking about it...
Yea, I don't think i've seen it for the duramax's. The Allison is an adaptive transmission anyways so there is the relearn method where you put the tuner on the hot tune and make a couple of different runs. I think it explains it on the website for the Chevy's.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top