Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! new here, im sure this has been posted somewhere but i could not find a forum search to wittle down what i see.

sooo the tcm went in my truck last night. classic tcm, no power, wont shift, park and drive indicator not working right etc. code reader is saying it cant communicate with the tcm. the codes that came up were

U0101 - Lost communication with tcm
p2610 - ecm/pcm internal engine off timer performance

replacing the TCM with a stock version is looking to be a similar price as a tuned one. i called the dealer they said they dont even have one in canada right now.....which i found odd.

anyway, what aftermarket company TCM/w tune do you guys recommend? im assuming they are all a little differant?? website links would be appreciated, thanks guys!

truck ecm is efi live. Truck is a 2012 6.6 diesel.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive now called dealers all over the usa. nothing is in stock there either. or the few they have are already spoken for. they are all on back order. didnt realize this part would be so hard to find.

· Registered
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax LMM SLT 4x4 tuned with EFI live.
10 Posts
I put new enhanced calibration TCM from dans diesel in my 2008 in December last year and love it.

Reactions: Reese21

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought one from dans diesel a couple weeks ago

What did you pay for yours? did you order it online? I think they might be the only one with one. Ive called NUMEROUS places this morning and they are all out of stock. Everyone telling me to call GM and get on the waiting list, and find a used one if i can to get me by for the time being.

· Registered
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax LMM SLT 4x4 tuned with EFI live.
10 Posts
What did you pay for yours? did you order it online? I think they might be the only one with one. Ive called NUMEROUS places this morning and they are all out of stock. Everyone telling me to call GM and get on the waiting list, and find a used one if i can to get me by for the time being.
Mine was $787 with shipping. You have to send back your old one, they provide the box and pay for the shipping.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine was $787 with shipping. You have to send back your old one, they provide the box and pay for the shipping.
Mine was right around there 775-790$

They are 1495 now, because they know about the shortage of course and they only have a few left themselves. i talked to them on the phone and ordered one. going to be around 1900 CAD. Will take approx 2 weeks to get here. So ill be driving again, but it cost me haha. Appreciate all the help guys.

· Registered
7,428 Posts
LKQ Corp is a national auto parts recycler. They may have what you need. I'm sure there are other national recyclers, but many more local ones.

· Registered
08’ LMM, 4.5” BDS, 35” STT pros, DSP5 EFI Live, FloPro, EGR DPF delete, Deviant trans lines
3 Posts
What’s with all the failing TCM‘s lately? Feels like it’s more than ever. Mine is spazzing out on me as of this morning so I’ll be looking for a new one as well. But all this talk of shortage is making me nervous because this is my one and only vehicle. Let me know if you find a place that has more than one and I’ll do the same.

· Registered
4 Posts
What’s with all the failing TCM‘s lately? Feels like it’s more than ever. Mine is spazzing out on me as of this morning so I’ll be looking for a new one as well. But all this talk of shortage is making me nervous because this is my one and only vehicle. Let me know if you find a place that has more than one and I’ll do the same.
I have been looking since August. I have found some, ranging in price from $4k-$9k!!! I refuse to pay that. I ended up buying a little beater to drive until the market comes back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts