Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added an aftermarket heavy duty wiring harness so you can run the 80 watt low and 100 watt high beam xenon bulbs?
I did this on the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and gave me a ton of light with people flashing me.

Putco makes one for the 9005/9006 but not for the H11/9005 but they are conversion pig tails available for that.

Just dont want to blind drivers with HID conversion but definitely need better lighting in deer country.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
check my sig i came up with the H9 conversion for the NNBS trucks and it has significant results. only thing i did different was went back and sautered the wires instead of scotch locking them.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check my sig i came up with the H9 conversion for the NNBS trucks and it has significant results. only thing i did different was went back and sautered the wires instead of scotch locking them.

nice set up!!

With the Putco harness I would not need to splice anything in. It uses the headlight connectors as a plug and play kit. I will have to purchase the H11 to 9006 pigtail for the conversion and get the H11 80 watt and the 9005 100 watt high beam. The wiring harness uses two relays and pulls power straight from the battery. The headlight switch simply turns the relays on and off.
Also will need to get some xenon fog lights so they all match.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got it complete. Much better lighting than stock - that for sure.
80/100 watt xenon bright white with HD wiring harness and H11 conversion pigtails for the 9006 connection. Plug and play. - 180 watt per side when highs and lows are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts