Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 2500hd and I have a welding machine in the bed that weights 2500 lbs . I put some air lift air bags on it and it is so bouncy that it will almost bounce you off the roadand I have tried all air pressures from 20 to 100lbs . Any help would be great cause I am to the point of going and buying a new truck

·
Registered
487 Posts
Air bags are only good for leveling your ride out. They dont replace the shocks. The shocks are still the best bet for controlling the ride. Go with some Bilstein 5100s and make sure you get the ones that are about an inch longer, because they dont tell you when you put the bags on but it does change your lift. My trucks rear end went up about 1.5" when I put the air bags on. AND it still doesnt control all the bouce. Remember you are at the max for your springs I would think. A 3/4 ton trying to carry over 1 ton of gear?! It can do it but things arent going to last long for your rear suspension IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.