Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...thanks for looking. i am considering doing the ppe air box mod on my lbz. is it worth it to me to do for right now???:cookoo[1]: i plan on getting an intake within the next few months. but i am getting a 5" exhaust and tuner before that. any suggestions would be great!!:help

thanks again-brad

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
hey guys...thanks for looking. i am considering doing the ppe air box mod on my lbz. is it worth it to me to do for right now???:cookoo[1]: i plan on getting an intake within the next few months. but i am getting a 5" exhaust and tuner before that. any suggestions would be great!!:help

thanks again-brad
Don't waste your money on an intake....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....will any codes be thrown?? Also, will I get a little more whistle with this mod? Sorry for all the questions...I'm new to this diesel world!!

Thanks again-brad

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Most people say the stock is all you need. I would get one. Just for more whistle! If you do make sure it is a dry filter not oiled.
You can save money and just keep the stock one and do the mod to it also. How much are stock air filters and how often do you have to replace them? My truck came with a intake.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm only "chiming" in because I've been on the fence about doing this mod myself on my LBZ since I got the truck 5 months ago, and at this point (who knows might change my mind later) I decided not to.

It seems there is very much a 50/50 opinion on whether or not this MOD actually does anything for you. Some say it does, some says it doesn't. So I decided it isn't worth messing with it unless there was a ton of people stating its worth doing.

My advice would be throw the exhaust and tuner on there and see what you get. Then if your not happy or feel that MOD might improve something then go for it. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I've got it on mine and I BELIEVE it's sufficient... Gonna run it til I just have $400 I wanna trash just to say I have an intake. I think you will be just fine with a modded box and a K&N

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I did the mod last night!! The truck is too stock right now...I felt like I had to do something!! I have only driven to work so far...but there is a difference in the whistle for sure....and for free!! Only took me an hour...but I took my time. I didn't wanna f#ck anything up! And if anyone is considering this...use snips to do all the cutting. Much cleaner then using any kind of blade...and a lot less sanding!!

Thanks-brad

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just un snapped the baffle for my mod no cutting or anything....... do see the sense in hacking up all that plastic when you can pop out the propeller type thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts