Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm cruising in the city the ac blows nice and cold. However when I'm on the hwy going 70+ cruising the ac quits blowing cold. It seems to start blowing cold again if I slow down to city speeds or turn it off for a few minutes and turn it on again. Never had this problem before and just started happening last week

·
Registered
34 Posts
Probably just needs a shot of freon. Sounds to me like the compressor is just cycling too much at higher rpm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. doesnt make too much sense for me to add freon. It pumps super cold when it works as it has always done. Although with the florida heat (90+ degrees) lately it takes longer to cool. So I may very well try the freon shot and see if it works out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When the compressor is running at a higher RPM, it tends to create a lower pressure on the low side. If it's a bit low on freon, the low pressure switch will cause the compressor to cycle. If it's full of freon, you might find that the high pressure readings are abnormally high. If this is the case, you may have your oriface tube partially plugged. If so, drain system, replace oriface, vacuum and recharge, and you're good to go!! They're pretty simple systems really, so not too much to go wrong. Hope this is of some help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts