Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just curious, what would happen if i installed my air dog 150 and used the stock suction tube? im not too nuts about drilling my tank and then having the 1/4 tank problem bc i know that if it could happen then it will happen t me haha any help?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
The 1/4 tank issue only occurs if you cut the draw straw to short. I have run my truck down to about 3 gallons and haven't had any issues. Just measure twice and cut once when doing the draw straw.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
i drilled my tank... used the suction tube provided and have it 3/16 - 1/4 above the bottom with 2 V notches in it.... i drove under half just to see what would happen and i made it 1/8 tank no prob...good enough for me didn't try my luck any further but.... thats my bit of info on this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The 1/4 tank issue is caused by the fuel pick-up cup getting sucked dry & can not refill fast enough to keep up with the lift pump. So they install a new pick-up tube that bypasses the cup.
I dropped the tank & installed new pick-up & return lines in the tank. I can say, dropping & reinstalling the tank was a PITA.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its the air dog 1, thanks guys i was having a hard time understanding how a pump with a lower output needs a suction tube and the pump with high output doesnt but th fact that it sucks the bowl empty makes sense, it seems like the 160 would do the same...

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
so let me get this straight you cant go under 1/4 tank?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I cut mine to long, If I were to do another, I would make sure the tube was a half inch off of the bottom with the tank empty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ended up dropping the tank and doing it that way, wasnt too bad if u count the pain it is to get the tank back up in! thanks for all the input guys, i havent had it down to 1/4 tank yet so we will see how that works later in the week...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts