Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to diesel world so im loaded with questions! I have an air dog on my 08 lmm and i just changed the oil and fuel filter. Should i check the air dog filter and water seperator the same time time as the oem filters or more often, less often, help me out here. Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Since you have the airdog, you actually don't need to change the stock fuel filter very often at all. The airdog fuel filters are good for 30k miles, and I'd easily go double that on the stock filter, as it's just mostly an extra water separator once the airdog is installed.

I'd drain the airdog water separator and stock fuel filter at every oil change, other than that, don't worry about changing filters until you get some miles on them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Since you have the airdog, you actually don't need to change the stock fuel filter very often at all. The airdog fuel filters are good for 30k miles, and I'd easily go double that on the stock filter, as it's just mostly an extra water separator once the airdog is installed.

I'd drain the airdog water separator and stock fuel filter at every oil change, other than that, don't worry about changing filters until you get some miles on them.
why not just delete the stock filter altogether?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Bringin up this thread I've been searching I got a cat filter for my air dog and a Baldwin water sep I'm about to change them is there anything special I need to do? Or just simply unscrew and screw new ones on? Also with the water sep how do I know where the screw on the bottom needs to be? Sorry for the ignorance never done this before

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If the water separator leaks, screw it the opposite way lol. Pretty simple.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I still got mine!

But i only change the filter every 30K