Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, need some advise..Im planning on putting a lift pump on my truck in the near future and wanted to know what you all thought..which lift pump is better, an air dog or a mitusa? I cant find much on a mitusa but I have heard that they are badass..or should I go with an air dog?? let me know what you think..thanks!!:help

Registered
I know my airdog was a piece of cake, great price, straight forward install. I bought the 165 though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know my airdog was a piece of cake, great price, straight forward install. I bought the 165 though.
yeah i know the mitusa can be a pain but idk if its worth it..i heard that they are like $500..

Registered
I've never heard of the mitusa kit so I can't give ya any insight on it :confused:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats why I want to go with the air dog and a local dealer has them and he always hooks me up with his price, beats anything on the internet..

Registered
That sounds like the best route to take for sure!:drink

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thanks..whats the difference/specs on the 150 verses the 165?

Registered
Besides the gph, I think it's the adjustable pressure regulator.

Registered
with the mitusa you do not get the air/water separation like you do with the air dog. with the air dog 150 and the 165 the only diff is the GPH i would recamend the air dog II that way you dont have the deal with the quarter tank issue.
let me know if i can help.

David

Vendor
with the mitusa you do not get the air/water separation like you do with the air dog. with the air dog 150 and the 165 the only diff is the GPH i would recamend the air dog II that way you dont have the deal with the quarter tank issue.
let me know if i can help.

David
That's what the filter with the MITUSA kit is for;), the pump itself doesn't separate water of course.

Registered
Mitusa are reliable because it is mechanical. Mechanical will always outlast electronic components. IMO, I would go with TTS over Airdog or other brands because it has a dual lift pump setup. Much better for the daily driver.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so many choices so many choices..what is good about the mitusa and how much is the whole kit?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some others must have an input on this!?!

Registered
I have the air dog 150 and love it. pretty simple to install and its quiet.

Registered
I love my TTS! Thank you Idaho Rob. I hade a ppe that burned up so I jumped to TTS WOW is all can say. I can run my PPE on level 8 all day and it never skips a beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts