Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Z71 diesel
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just had my second service done at 10,000 miles and the dealer wanted to change the original air filter and yes it was dirty and needed some attention. I told them I’d take care of both the air and cabin filters.
Jumped on the inter web and ordered both the filters and went with K&N. Fast forward about a 1,000 miles and now I’m getting a message on my display “Check Engine Air Filter” and when I go to the menu to the Air Filter life, it’s in bold red letters “Check System”.
I can dismiss the first message but it keeps coming back. Reached out to K&N and they set me “Disabling” instructions that said to hold the button on the steering wheel for 5-10 seconds, which will bring up another page where you can select “Disable”. I can not get to this message.
The truck is a 2020, 3500HD.
As I see it, I can either live with the message or change back to an OEM filter and go about life. Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
According to S&b video it needs to be disabled before driving the vehicle with the new high flow filter or intake otherwise only the dealer can clear it. Don't know if that is true or not on the dealer part. Personally I'd pull the battery cables wait a bit, rehook and clear any codes before start up and try the disable process again before you start it. Why they added that aggravation to the new models is beyond me.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Z71 diesel
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to S&b video it needs to be disabled before driving the vehicle with the new high flow filter or intake otherwise only the dealer can clear it. Don't know if that is true or not on the dealer part. Personally I'd pull the battery cables wait a bit, rehook and clear any codes before start up and try the disable process again before you start it. Why they added that aggravation to the new models is beyond me.
Thanks, I’ll give that a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.