Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have the ride rite air springs on their truck? I need to put a set on my truck to get rid of the little bit of sag that I have with my race trailer hooked up. It squats it just enough that people think I'm high beaming them at nite.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Lot of people here do. Hook'em Horns is the guy to talk to if you want to know anything and everything about these trucks and towing

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have them as well I like the although air lift has a wireless compressor controler that is pretty cool

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I am running the Load Leveler 5000's. They are great for towing my 12,200 lb 5th wheel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I appericate it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ride rite bags

I run ride rite bags, I love them takes that sag and takes the excessive bounch out of the truck when hitting bumps driving down the road. I recommend purchasing a in the cab controller also, you don't need it but it sure is a lot more convenient. It's nice because you can adjust the ride while driving down the road so you don't get it to stiff or to soft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just curious is there any other resolution than putting air bag for sag? I recently towed around 9k pounds and the rear sag a pretty good bit and every time I hit a bump it would feel like the trailer is pulling me back.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
You can always add a rear leaf spring, but they stiffen your ride quite a bit I am told!!

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Just curious is there any other resolution than putting air bag for sag? I recently towed around 9k pounds and the rear sag a pretty good bit and every time I hit a bump it would feel like the trailer is pulling me back.
Change over to a Weight Distributing Hitch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I run ride rite bags. Load leveler 5k's. Work real good. On board air would be more convenient. But not necessary for myself yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the ride rite, they took the bounce out of the bumps and made the ride way better. The on board air and in cab controls are very nice if your are on and off the trailer or loaded/unloaded a lot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Installed my load levers 5000 last week ($250). Incredible difference when pulling my 13K hauler. Only other bounce is coming from my 2-ply Wranglers...going with 3-ply sidewalls next time. On-board compressor coming this week ($100).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.