Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 duramax and i want an intake.. i hear that i wont need one until i have over 500 horses.. and if i do get one im recommended afe and thats hella expensive.. so tell me is there any big difference in the quality of an s&b intake and an afe intake and would it be worth getting right now? thanks

·
I'm That Guy...
16,681 Posts
Stick with the stock filter.

The stock flows comparable CFM, holds more debris, stops finer / smaller debris, won't cause issues with MAF sensor, etc..

I don't recommend an aftermarket air filter until you have a turbo or compound setup that requires a custom intake system. Even then, I would be looking at a dry filter element if possible.

A CAI is a waste of money and money you can invest somewhere else in your truck.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with S&B, in fact its a very popular option around here. And no, I don't think you need to concern yourself with one just yet. did you already delete your dpf? that, exhaust and efi live i'd probably recommend.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah well efi live dpf delete exhaust and egr deletes are in the future but i am saving up for them. i just want to get away from my stock truck hah.. but yeah thanks guys

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
my 0.02... just do some personal customization stuff until then. debadging, painting the chrome if you don't like it.. its the small stuff that gets me by when I'm saving up for the big stuff.. unfortunately I'm almost completely out of small stuff to do and I'm horrible with idle hands.. bad combination lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep thas what im doing.. i just painted my bowtie black and sometime soon im gonna debadge it and in two days im getting a brand new bed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts