Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im at 7500 ft. I feel like my 2005 6.6 is trying to get more air.
Ive read alot on the resonator delete for sound but has anyone tried turning the resonator into an additional cold air intake? Good or bad idea?
Thx
JD

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Is the LLY intake still stock? if so, a stock LBZ or S&B intake will improved air flow but it can't compensate for altitude. The stock LLY intake horn is notorious for adding heat due to it's restriction. Removing the resonator will have zero effect on the intake charge...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the LLY intake still stock? if so, a stock LBZ or S&B intake will improved air flow but it can't compensate for altitude. The stock LLY intake horn is notorious for adding heat due to it's restriction. Removing the resonator will have zero effect on the intake charge...
Thx BoiseRob. It is still stock. It seems the turbo is pulling so hard my filters clog up way faster than normal and overheating while towing a medium load on a warm day has been trouble. So opening up the resonator wont increase the air capacity.
Thx
Signed beginner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts