Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would also go with afe it is a really nice system

·
Registered
262 Posts
yah afe is the best in my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an AFE and a PPE chip. After about a week of driving something with the intake will through a code (Mass Air Flow/Performance problem) Does anyone know why it is doing that? I just have been resetting the code every week with my chip. Does anyone else that has an AFE intake do it to them too?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I have an AFE and a PPE chip. After about a week of driving something with the intake will through a code (Mass Air Flow/Performance problem) Does anyone know why it is doing that? I just have been resetting the code every week with my chip. Does anyone else that has an AFE intake do it to them too?
i would contact AFE or PPE and ask them whats causing that..one thought,did you oil that filter when you installed it or is it a dry filter?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
make sure that the filter is on all the way and that there is no open space for extra air to get in

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
The Banks Ram Air system is also now available (as of today). Using the ISO test it holds an filtering rating of 99.36% and will NOT cause a check engine light. This is due to the position of the MAF during installation.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
We're still testing them. We need to get enough miles on them to verify they won't affect the DPF or the emission control system over the long run. We expect the release date to be around December or so. I did have a look at the dyno numbers and, without being to specific, look for it to be nearly equal to the LBZ tuner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BoilerEE. Great article, thanks for sharing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts