Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Gmc Recently Started To Just Die At Any Time Driving, My Dealer Replaced The Fuel Filter And Vent Cap, All Was Fine For A Week Or So, Then Same Problem, Another Filter, Same Problem. It Runs For 4 Or 5 Days After Priming Then Just Dies. Back To Dealer, Told Me He Didn't Have A Diesel Mechanic So That Was All He Could Do. Live In The Sticks, Any Suggestions On This, Took It To The Dealer 30 Miles A Way And He Said They "couldn't Duplicate The Problem" It Died On The Way Home, When It Does I Pop The Hood, Hit The Primer And Go On, But This Is Getting Dangerous. Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Well, do you have any mods on the truck or is it completely stock? From the sounds of it, sounds like the classic edge problems. Your filter housing might be cracked, but normally it won't die when going down the road. The thing is, you might have to take the tech for a ride and hope you can duplicate it when the tech II scanner is on the truck. If I had to guess, I would say that the fuel pressure regulator valve is going or your injection pump is getting weak. I believe those are the only parts besides injectors that could cause this problem. What engine do you have? (LB7 or LLY....look at the 8th digit of the VIN and see if you have a 1=LB7 or 2=LLY) If you have an LLY there is a TSB out for the #2 and 7 injector harness chafing and that could cause your problem too. BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air Leak IN 04 Diesel

thanks for the response, I have an LB7, the only mod I have is an Edge, I have 57,000 miles on the truck, 56,000 with the edge. I took it off for about 2 weeks when this first started but it still just died while driving, so I put it back on.

thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
to find a leak ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts