Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Duramax 2500 I installed Air Lift 5000 to help with leveling. I’m ordering a 2021 Duramax 3500 HD and with that being said how many of you with 2020 3500 HD have installed air lift systems on your truck? With the heavier duty truck you don’t need them or you are glad you installed them on your truck? Give me your thoughts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Tim,

I've got a 2020 3500 DRW and tow a 43" toy hauler 5er with a utility trailer behind it sometimes. I'm roughly 23-24k towing weight and probably 3500-4k tongue weight. I don't have bags and truck rides great. I do have a torsion bar pinbox though. My last truck was a 2006 DRW and it had bags because I knew I was over the truck rating and wanted anything to help out.

·
Registered
2019 LTZ
36 Posts
I installed the Airlift 5000 on my truck and the reason I did was to take the fifth wheel pin box off of the overload springs and have the pin box ride on the airbags instead. Hope to take some of the shock out of the ride and that would/should alleviate any problems due to abrupt hits the RV would be subject to. Just my thoughts here ....

Reactions: Tim Coltrain

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the 7500's on my 3500 SRW and they work great. I tow a 43' two car enclosed triple axle gooseneck race trailer (about 18k loaded) and it's a lot better with the airbags. They weren't available for the first few months I had the truck so I towed without them and it sucked. With 65-70 PSI in the bags, the trucks sits nice and level, rides really good and handles a lot better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts