Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has done air suspension on their truck... or knows anyone who did it. I am looking for any general feedback. I am thinking about putting the Kelderman air suspension kit on my 06 LBZ.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking at their air suspension lift. Right now I have a 6" Pro Comp... but I dont really care for the ride and it does not do very well when I am pulling my 35' camper. The air suspension will allow me to raise and lower the truck from like 6" - 12"... as well as add support when the trailer is hooked up.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Kelderman makes a bad @$$ system, but its big bucks.

How is your rear lifted? If its just blocks, air lift has an rear end system that converts it totally to air, for a fraction of the cost.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does that work? Does it convert it to a four link?
Yes, the Kelderman full air suspension is a 4-link... $4k all parts and installation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelderman makes a bad @$$ system, but its big bucks.
Yep. $4k for parts and installation.
How is your rear lifted? If its just blocks, air lift has an rear end system that converts it totally to air, for a fraction of the cost.
It is just blocks. I thought about just doing the rear... but the ride must be amazing if you do the truck... plus there is a cool factor of being able to raise and lower your truck on the fly.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The air lift is a trailing arm set up with a track bar as well.

I am waiting on a return call from Air lift on how much the geometry will change with your lift as far as the track bar is concerned.

Here is a link to more info.

I am thinking of putting this on my dually to soften up the ride. For the price, I think its the best value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think your talking about a different product and setup. I am referring to a full 4-link suspension air lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts