Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing reading on the lift pump threads trying to debate on which one to get so i figured the people who actually had them could help out the best. what is the differences between the AD II and the FASS system. since i see people writing that their both top notch so just trying to narrow down the pro/cons of both. thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
AirDog II from Dustin!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
X2 on Dustin and ATP

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went with FASS. I love it. Mounting brackets fit good. High quality red anodized body. Very quiet, can barely hear it with windows open & engine off. FASS had more filter options than AD.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i just ordered an ADII 165 for mine

extra filtration + water seperator = hopefully happier longer living LB7 injectors.

and i'm also upgrading to a 1 micron CAT filter on the stock head unit

just looking to get the best life out of my injectors in regards to my choice.

install is "said" to be simpler with the quick connects

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I went with FASS. I love it. Mounting brackets fit good. High quality red anodized body. Very quiet, can barely hear it with windows open & engine off.

x2 love mine and never had any problems. Either one will work just personal preference.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I have Raptor 150 like it very easy install

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
x2 AirDogII from Dustin got it in 2 days

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im prob one of the most indecisive person ever. it takes me forever to finally make up mind .

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the AirDog II 165 for two years and no problems.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Airdog II hands down :thumb

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can also cross the AirDog filters over to Napa, Wix, FleetGuard, Donaldson, Luberfiner and CAT... so there are plenty of of options besides just getting the AirDog filters.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
You can also cross the AirDog filters over to Napa, Wix, FleetGuard, Donaldson, Luberfiner and CAT... so there are plenty of of options besides just getting the AirDog filters.
Do you have the cross ref # on the CAT filters. If much rather grab those from the dealer when I get my FF's. Be nice to run CAT all the way through the system.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Air dog tucks nicely inside the frame well while the fass is huge and hangs out getting road grime on it constantly.Other than that both systems are top knotch

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
i agree ^. the only thing i dont like about the FASS is where they have you mount them. i have a couple buddies with FASS pumps and they work just as well as my ADII from what i can tell. i would look into buying one from one of the great supporting vendors we have on here when you do decide though :thumb

edit: FWIW i got mine from Tyler at MPF and i had a little hang up with my install and he called me right after i PM'd him on here. great guy to work with for sure.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I ordered all mods in my sig from meyer also and he treated me well. Fast shipping.

Only part I hate on the air dog is putting in the two fittings(tank and return). They are to damn close and I always get scared about stripping the threads.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts