Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next thing i am going to buy is a Airdog II. I know this pump has two filters on it i was wondering if it replaces the factory filter or just adds two more which seems like overkill. :confused:

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^ bump ^^^

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
It adds two more. Can you ever have too much filtration?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if i delete my factory fuel filter will i through a code?? I have the ad ii 165 just installed yesterday and factory filter is leaking??

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
So if i delete my factory fuel filter will i through a code?? I have the ad ii 165 just installed yesterday and factory filter is leaking??
NO, it will not throw a code-- disconnecting the WIF sensor nor the heater on the filter assembly will not trigger anything. :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
NO, it will not throw a code-- disconnecting the WIF sensor nor the heater on the filter assembly will not trigger anything. :)
Not trying to jack the ops thread but would the extra fuel delivery make you go through stock filters faster? Or would the filtration of the airdog counteract this? Jw

·
Registered
462 Posts
your getting nothing but pure fuel to the motor you don't even really need the stock set up i would get rid of it takes about 15-20 minutes and not even a foot of 1/2 in hose all you'll end up with is better flow

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone have pics and instructions on this stock filter delete

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
check with Holton from alligator performance he has a good write up with pics

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey quick question. what is the size of threads going into the back of the cp3 inlet fitting? want to get a 1/2 barbed fitting adaptor so i can just run hose to it to delete factory setup

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
^^^Exactly.

Not trying to jack the ops thread but would the extra fuel delivery make you go through stock filters faster? Or would the filtration of the airdog counteract this? Jw

There is NO point in using a stock 8 Micron filter behind a 2 Micron filter, utterly pointless. :drink

If you have the AirDog, the Stock fuel filter assembly should be removed and pat yourself on the back for not only improving performance but Improving the Fuel Filtration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts