Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a stupid question has any body utilized there factory filter housing in conjuction with an airdog II 150 just wondering if it would present restriction problems for the electric pump

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Nope run the air dog ii currently and have no issues

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You mean running the fuel through the factory filter and housing after the pump? Thats how most people do it currently, so there shouldn't be any problem in doing so. Unless you have EFI Live you can't bypass the stock housing anyway.

·
Vendor
609 Posts
all the duramax kits are designed to run through the factory filter housing. I took my filter housing off on my 05 and didn't notice any difference anyway.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot guys just wondering my local diesel shop wanted to bypass it but i really didnt like the idea of that

·
Registered
537 Posts
You mean running the fuel through the factory filter and housing after the pump? Thats how most people do it currently, so there shouldn't be any problem in doing so. Unless you have EFI Live you can't bypass the stock housing anyway.
why cant you get rid of the factory fuel housing? I was thinking just get rid of the whole system and run eroquip socketless hose into the cp3..:confused:

·
Vendor
609 Posts
You can. I did b/c i didn't want that piece of junk leaking again.

Also if you use 1/2" AirDog line you can just hose clamp it to the fittings already there.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Unless you have EFI Live you can't bypass the stock housing anyway.
yeah you can...

why do you need efilive to do it?

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
yeah you can...

why do you need efilive to do it?
X2 you can by pass the filter housing with out efi/hptuner/techII/godshelp.

If you are thinking the WIF sensor will be messed up, it wont. No codes or anything. I have no factory housing (made my own setup) and truck is just fine and dont need to tune anything out.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I took mine off after installing the air dog, just clamped the hose direct to the inlet on the engine, is there much of an advantage to the PPE cp3 pump inlet?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I took mine off after installing the air dog, just clamped the hose direct to the inlet on the engine, is there much of an advantage to the PPE cp3 pump inlet?
this is what i was going to do..do you have any pictures of what your engine looks like without the factory filter housing?

I would think the PPE fitting would flow a little more, probably nothing noticable though. but :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I was thinking that the WIF sensor would give problems. Guess not. Never done it, so I can't say I guess.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just make sure you tape the wires up good, the heater wire would probably be the most important.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I was thinking that the WIF sensor would give problems. Guess not. Never done it, so I can't say I guess.
its a N/O circuit that gets closed to trigger a WIF warning............

·
Registered
926 Posts
Heater wire ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts