Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into an airdog and looking into real experience what everyone would get...not going any further on my mods so I'm no sure what the difference is for the 150 and 165. I've also read I don't need to do the draw straw with the 150 is that true and will it hook right up to the factory pick up or will I need to modify if I go that route.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Main difference in the 150 & 165 is that the 165 is adjustable. 150 isn't. Which is why there's such a difference in price.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The 165 doesn't need a draw straw, it's a easy install and has adjustable regulator

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
an airdog or fass system is on my list to do as well, does anyone have any mpg differences in before and after? they say it can help, but in my mind if im pushing more fuel, mpg goes down

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering BC I've read you don't need the straw on the 150...why would I need to adjust? I thought they come preset at 8-12 and that's all the dmaxs were supposed to run

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
an airdog or fass system is on my list to do as well, does anyone have any mpg differences in before and after? they say it can help, but in my mind if im pushing more fuel, mpg goes down
It doesn't "push" more fuel... It cleans out your fuel, which allows for better hp as well as mpg. The engine will run cleaner and better with 100% diesel fuel, than 95% fuel, 4% air, and 1%water. It doesn't let your truck use more fuel, it just basically pumps fuel from your tank to your fuel pump because we don't have a fuel pump in the tank, so what will happen is your cp3 (fuel pump on engine) will push fuel at WOT, and fill the fuel rails with pressure. But then if you stay on the throttle for wot, the lines from your tank to your cp3 pump will not have enough vacuum pressure to pull through the cp3 pump.

The cp3:
Its like sucking through a straw(without pump), or having an air hose connected to the straw. (With lift pump)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
492 Posts
I really havent checked mpgs yet but once u put on there will be no question u made the right choice
Truck runs so much better with it

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I was wondering BC I've read you don't need the straw on the 150...why would I need to adjust? I thought they come preset at 8-12 and that's all the dmaxs were supposed to run

Some people turn them up, or like to adjust them. Some people will turn them up for racing or drags.

I have the fass 150 and love it, but it would be nice to be able to adjust it for fun because I like tinkering with things :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
thanks for clarifying Cknight. good explanation

·
Registered
863 Posts

Your right you dont have to use the draw straw with 150. They both come preset at 10psi. But the 165 you can obvisously adjust the prssure. 12 psi will start screwing with your FPR.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what i thought about the pressure being to high... my main quieston is will the 150 hook up to my factory sending unit in the tank with a quick connect fitting or will i have to modify it to make it work...like i said i have no intentions to go any farther with my mods so i dont think the 165 is necessary if the only differences are the non adjustable and the draw straw that i may not need to use if it will hook up directly to my tank. Is there anyone running the 150 that an confirm the fitting on the tank working with it? also does the 150 have the lifetime warranty with it?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
thats what i thought about the pressure being to high... my main quieston is will the 150 hook up to my factory sending unit in the tank with a quick connect fitting or will i have to modify it to make it work...like i said i have no intentions to go any farther with my mods so i dont think the 165 is necessary if the only differences are the non adjustable and the draw straw that i may not need to use if it will hook up directly to my tank. Is there anyone running the 150 that an confirm the fitting on the tank working with it? also does the 150 have the lifetime warranty with it?
My fass 150 was a direct connection, easy connections. Anything over 12 psi and some trucks will lope...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
were you supposed to use a draw straw with the fass like the airdog 150 says

·
I'm That Guy...
16,751 Posts
I would get an AD2 165, send in your warranty card and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
subbed

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the draw straw is a suction tube that goes into the tank and sucks the fuel to the airdog

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
No, I don't even think that airdogs have those... I think those are for dodges and fords when you have to drop the tank to install that. Gm's don't need that

·
Registered
351 Posts
the ad 165 has the quick disconnects im not sure that the 150 does...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts