Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently did the high idle mod on my 2001 LB7, and everything works great, but now when I get going 5 MPH and above the door chime goes off and keeps making noise till I slow down under 5 MPH. It does not show any warning lights and is not bringing up any codes.

Does anyone know why it is doing this?

I had a guy who thought it might have to do with the automatic door locks, but my doors do not lock automaticly when I put it in drive unless I hit the lock button.

The dealer wants $90 just to look at it..!! :mad:

Any Ideas..??

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
i would say take the disconect the batteries and leave it for ten mins and see what that does it should reset your truck

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put in an aftermarket radio, or unplug stock one . Haha, atleast it would be a short term fix.
I already have an aftermarket radio.....?? It is a Jensen name brand.

i would say take the disconect the batteries and leave it for ten mins and see what that does it should reset your truck
I have tried that already.

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
613 Posts
could any of the high idle wiring cause it?? accidentally tap into a door trigger??

·
Registered
613 Posts
no idea......it should do it all the time,not just over 5mph

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think the high idle is causing the problem because all I did was run a wire from the battery to a switch in the cab and then from the switch to the ECM. So when the switch is off it is just like stock.

I am unfamilar with automatic locks.

Do your doors lock automaticly?

If so when?

Is there a way to make so they do not?

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
brb (be right back) a 2001 would need a tech 2 hooked up to it to change settings i think also to keep the foga on with the high beams is two ways either rewire ir or i will get the link in a few

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.