Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Moving to Anchorage end of the month. Starting the drive from Seattle. Looks like a long one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Anchorage, new to the forum. First diesel as well, bought an LMM little over a year ago

Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Diesel! I never looked back....

~Kyle

·
Registered
226 Posts
Moving to Anchorage end of the month. Starting the drive from Seattle. Looks like a long one.
It is not bad... I have done it now like 15 times from all over the states to Alaska. Just did two months ago from San Diego with this LML Denali.

Drive safe! Plan you fuel stops!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is not bad... I have done it now like 15 times from all over the states to Alaska. Just did two months ago from San Diego with this LML Denali.

Drive safe! Plan you fuel stops!
Thanks! I'll have a camper in the truck and a jet boat behind so yeah I'll really plan the fuel stops out. Also packing 10-15 gallons just in case. Ever had any gelling problems doing it in the winter? I have additive and everything but was just curious.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks! I'll have a camper in the truck and a jet boat behind so yeah I'll really plan the fuel stops out. Also packing 10-15 gallons just in case. Ever had any gelling problems doing it in the winter? I have additive and everything but was just curious.
No never... But I run a front cover... Diesel 911 is always good though..

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So any of you guys get together for meet and greets? I've seen some try and get put together on FB, just curious if there is anything legit up here in AK.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We have a group that meets here in fairbanks every month I'm not sure if there is any in anchorage we also try and get a bunch of people together to do a dyno day in anchorage as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't mind driving up, work on the slope so have plenty of free time while I am home. Anchorage needs to get it together I know there are plenty of DMAXs around town.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ya I know what you mean the next one we are doing is this Friday at ivory jacks sadly I'm the only on that has a dmax that attends haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only one Duramax in the whole bunch? It's all good, don't have to own to love one I guess. Yeah I fly back to work Friday morning too. I'll have to try and catch another one, maybe this summer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No worries we will be around I haven't heard a date for a dyno day yet but when I know you guys will

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ya would love to get to the dyno day this year.. The slope seamed to have me off schedule but now in town... We used to diesel's at the track but that has been a bit...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We had a pretty good turn out this last one we do it at underground performance there in anchorage guys that own it are pretty badass

·
Registered
226 Posts
We had a pretty good turn out this last one we do it at underground performance there in anchorage guys that own it are pretty badass
Ya been friends with Nick for a long time now... Way good guy!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
So what do you guys do up on the slope? Been trying to get a job up there in the HSE field. GF works on the slope and in town. Seems like the slope is where the money is in AK.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am in materials.. Was on the slope for 13 years doing materials with Drilling, Production and construction. I am now at the BP Tower in Anchorage. The slope does have many jobs and does pay good due to the overtime but the right town job does just as good or better... HAHA

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am in materials.. Was on the slope for 13 years doing materials with Drilling, Production and construction. I am now at the BP Tower in Anchorage. The slope does have many jobs and does pay good due to the overtime but the right town job does just as good or better... HAHA
Yeah a town job would be real tough to get for a guy like me with no oil and gas experience. That tower is pretty freaking nice! Nice and close to a lot of things also.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey smoked you, are a lot of the fuel stations along the way open 24-7 or do you have to plan the timing also? We head out Monday morning so just trying to finish planning the fuel stops. Only getting 11.5 mpg with the camper and boat on so there are going to be quite a few of them.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts