Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Yes there is one in every town that is open. I just had a buddy drive up last week. Just look for ones with a card lock.

I will be heading down to Revelstoke BC this Wed to do some snowmobiling.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks Marty! Well if you see a gray duramax with an Arctic Fox camper and a jet boat in the ditch that's probably me! Haha safe travels to Revelstoke! Always heard that is a blast!

·
Registered
226 Posts
In the winter only the main places are open.. You will want to bring a couple fuel cans, not sure what size tank you have and what route your taking. You will fill up and Haines Junction before leaving Canada to Alaska.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
The road is not that bad in the winter. Its covered in packed snow from around Whitehorse north. I always carry 10 gal of fuel with me. I have made the trip 4 times now up from the lesser 48 and never needed them.

Last time I made the trip I pulled up a 22' Riddell Marine jet boat. I picked it up in Lewiston and 3 days later I was in North Pole AK. That was January of 2012

Time before I pulled a 20' car trailer with a Ford Mustang and a Polaris ATV and a Honda ATV in the bed of the truck. That was Feb of 2011 took 4 days that trip as I came from Bemidji MN.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got 3 5 gallon cans locked up in the boat I will fill as extra. Only thing I have not been able to find is chains for my size tire but just going to take it easy. Have six days to make the trip in. Thanks for all the information!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I didn't have chains either. What part of Idaho are you in? I lived in Boise area for 6 years.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Was in Idaho Falls but lived in Boise for a while. Boise was a lot of fun compared to south east Idaho. Anchorage should be fun though! Thanks for all the info guys and hope to meet some of you guys when we get up there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll be back in wasilla late June. I'm out of state at school.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok, how many idiots did you pull out of snow banks since last night. I'm sure there were lots of morons speeding around in the fresh snow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
201 Posts
Any of you guys friends with 907diesel on FB? Saw they are doing a meet and greet tomorrow night at Peanut Farm in Anchorage. But one of the main things on their page says something about "rolling coal" so didn't know if it was a bunch of the big C guys or what.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I am on there and it seems to be a bunch of kids and some guys that want to roll coal all over. I have been observing that page from a distance. There is also some horrible info that is obviously regurgitated from a less than accurate forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok. Kind of the impression I got but was just making sure to see if it was people I wanted to be associated with or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I watch that group also. Seems like the majority are cummins boys most of the time. Diesel equivalent of ricer kids. Sometimes they sell things though. Haven't seen anything useful yet. Some of those dudes are Soldiers in my unit. Parking lot looks like a dodge truck convention...

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Same up here in Fairbanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So where do you guys buy your parts? Rather not pay dealership and it cost $78 to ship a hub up. Tried calling Underground Performance but apparently their retail side is closed for 2 weeks, but I don't even know if they would have something like that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So where do you guys buy your parts? Rather not pay dealership and it cost $78 to ship a hub up. Tried calling Underground Performance but apparently their retail side is closed for 2 weeks, but I don't even know if they would have something like that.
Hate to say it but I've found Amazon Prime is the best option when it comes to shipping. I bought a Magnaflow exhaust from there and it was only about $6 shipping. There are lots of parts on Amazon Prime. I would rather support the local shops but shipping costs make it unreasonable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
We have a little group here in fairbanks too sadly I'm the only with a duramax but the founder of 907 diesel drives one too he's an alright guy he came to our last meet

41 - 60 of 69 Posts