Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I towed my 5th wheel 500 miles today.

When I made my first fuel stop I discovered that one of my Alcoa axle covers and 8 of the ten lug nut covers had departed my truck. After discovering this, I tightened up the other wheel lug nut and axle cover (again). 100 miles later the second axle cover and 8 of the ten lug nut covers were gone. Both of these were on the rear axle with 19.5 inch wheels.

Prior to this trip, I had previously lost one axle cover and Alcoa replaced it under warranty.

For anyone running Alcoas and this axle and lug nut cover system, have you seen this type of failure? This seems like a faulty design as I have now had three failures of this type.

Any input/insight appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

After talking with Alcoa, they admitted that the Hug a Lug system could be problematic on some trucks.

They have now sent me a new set of axle covers with a new design and asked me to try them out to see what happens.

Got to hand it to Alcoa, they stand behind their products. This is the third set of covers that they have sent to me without any further costs. :thumb

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a set of Alcoa wheels 16x8.5 8x6.5, that i have had on 5 different trucks since 1995. great set of wheels, still in amazing condition even after being run in our salty winters.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of Alcoa wheels 16x8.5 8x6.5, that i have had on 5 different trucks since 1995. great set of wheels, still in amazing condition even after being run in our salty winters.
Great! Alcoa wheels are like most everything else. If you take care of them, they will last for a very long time. Just wished that there was an easier way to polish mine. :nerd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts