Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few months ago I had my guy install a rough country 4" lift. Long story short, 3 different alignment shops later my truck is still pulling hard to the right. The 1st shop were a bunch of knuckleheads, the 2nd and 3rd were very reputable and spent a ton of time on it. They say the camber and something'r other are maxed out and cant be aligned any more. Never installed a lift in a vehicle before, but I can't believe there's this big of a noticable issue that the shops say can sometimes just happen with a lift kit.
Is there anything I can do?
If I let go of the steering wheel it will jump over to about 1:30-1:45 so it's super annoying to drive.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I could be completely wrong about this but i don't see how the camber has anything to do with the truck pulling one way or another if the tires are straight. The camber has to do with the angle of the tires vertically. Camber will have an impact on the tire wear depending on whether it is positive or negative. Its like how you see those fast and furious cars going down the road with the tires slanted like crazy. I'd be checking the horizontal alignment of the tires with the steering wheel straight and the tie rods before i was worried about the camber in your situation. google/ youtube how to manually check for front tire alignment and go from there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
For my Zone lift I had to cut my tie rods shorter to get it aligned, not too uncommon.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Have you asked Rough Counrty what expeience they have had with their lift?? If you're having a problem, they've probably heard about this many many times

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I have not talked to them but yeah I could give them a call.
I'll ask around about maybe cutting tie rods down and see if that might accomplish it. Suspension stuff is out of my territory I don't mess with that so I will see well I can find out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I know is they say the camber a and casters are maxed out, not sure what 1 does over the other.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD WT, 6.6 Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4
73 Posts
Rough Country is great to work with in my experience. Just give them a call. Also, something might not have been properly installed with the lift.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I am not surprised. You are totally changing the geometry of the front suspension.

MOOG makes adjustable Ball Joints too, to help with alignments. Don't be surprised if your ball joints don't last either. I know two guys with lifted trucks, 30,00 to 50,000 miles on their ball joints is all they get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.