Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I've asked similiar questions before...but I'm going to give you guys a scenario and tell me what you think. If I have an LBZ engine...with a MBRP 4' Cat back system, Pyrometer, and PPE standard...and I run it on the 1st power setting...which would be 40 HP..(economy setting). Will I get error codes? Will it hurt my engine eventually..or shorten the life of it? Give me better MPG? AND...will my EGT's be fine? I only tow twice a year...and it's a camper. My vehicle is mainly used for long mileage trips. Thanx.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...so the 2nd setting is 90HP. But it is called the Tow Setting...is it bad to run the truck in Tow setting if I'm not towing? And will it give me better Gas mileage? Because I plan on setting the programmer on one setting....and running it like that till my truck dies. And I don't feel comfortable modding my CAI...I get nervous and would probably slaughter the plastic too much or something. So will running the stock CAI hurt me if I'm running an extra 40 or 90?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.