Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to disable the automatic headlights. I'm all grown up now. I really don't need any one to turn on my headlights for me. Also wpoul like to get rid of those stupid daytime running lights... Any Ideas ??
Thanks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Not sure on how to get rid of auto headlights, but for the day time running lights just pull out the bulbs and grease the opening, mine I have found a better use for strobes, instead of drilling

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
IIRC there is an odd sequence that will disable them but I dont remember off hand.

As for the DRLs, just take the bulbs out :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Isn't there a fuse for the day-time running lights ?? Just pull it out !!
IDK about the auto-headlights !?!?

·
Registered
532 Posts
im pretty sure you can turn off the running lights with the button right under the light dial..not sure tho bc mine fried the housing and everything so strobes are going in place

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did pull the bulbs for the daytime running lights, I was just wondering if there was a better way,
On the auto headlights.... I know that I can turn the switch to the left to de-activate them for that time, but you have to do it every time you get in the truck.....What a pain!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I'm all grown up and I like my truck turning it's lights on it self it shows she's all grown up to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm all grown up and I like my truck turning it's lights on it self it shows she's all grown up to.
Thats fine...if you like someone to hold your hand, I just think it would be better if we had the option of doing it our selves.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Just turn the knob to your left and off it goes.

I love having my hands held what's wrong with that....Lol chill

·
Registered
101 Posts
i pulled a fuse to disable mine and use my running lights all the time, just because the damn guages are so small in the truck and cant see them with sun glasses on....

·
Registered
784 Posts
7072 has not made any friends yet

Is there any way to disable the automatic headlights. I'm all grown up now. I really don't need any one to turn on my headlights for me. Also wpoul like to get rid of those stupid daytime running lights... Any Ideas ??
Thanks
testing has proved that drl's save lives............if not yours maybe someone elses who saw them and dodged you

·
Registered
86 Posts
^^X2 Got to agree day time running lights are there for safety... why would you do something to make your truck less safe?

In fact in all Canadian provinces they are required by law. You might want to check your state laws on the issue. In Canada you get the same ticket for non-operational brake lights, headlights, tail lights, turn signals or day time running lights.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
What I did.....

Try this.....................................Get some TA8114 bulbs[they are Orange in color]slap them in the socket for the DRL's,when the DRL's are supposed to be lit WOILA instant park lights that stay on in place of the DRL's....
LOOKS REALLY NEAT also:drink:drink....if you want to defeat the automatic feature of when the headlamps sense dark,then you'll just need to cycle the override switch until they turn off,it is the button on bottom left of the switch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts