Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
After a road trip this weekend into the depths of Arizona I discovered that my low beams are projecting all their light to the right side of the road. It started after I put the HIDs in and I'm wondering if there is a particular orientation to pay attention to when installing HID bulbs in regards to the direction the arc should be facing?

Also, checked with the dealer and there is no side to side adjustment on the headlight housings. This sucks because it is a pain to get to the bulbs as I have to remove the driver side battery as well as the air cleaner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Could you post a picture of what you are referring to? They will maintain a similar cutoff to the factory halogens, with a bit more output

Make sure the bulb is seated in the socket correctly

Nick C.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah tonight I'll get a picture of what it looks like. I was careful to ensure it was set correctly but I'll take a picture and you can tell me what you think first.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
It's supposed to have a cutoff like that, so you don't blind people on the other side of the road. The factory halogen bulbs produce the same effect

Nick C.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Oh ok. I won't even mess with the bulbs then. Wish GMC had allowed for side to side movement.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks to Nick and Justin got my 5K 35W Fog HIDs installed and they fit perfectly! Sent back the XML2s with their supplied return label and all is well!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will the 9006 XML2 work in the headlights? I have heard a 9006 bulb will fit into the 9012 socket without any trimming. Just looking for confirmation before ordering.

Frogman, Looks like you ordered the 9006 HIDs. Any issues with them fitting?

Thanks in advance!

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Will the 9006 XML2 work in the headlights? I have heard a 9006 bulb will fit into the 9012 socket without any trimming. Just looking for confirmation before ordering.

Frogman, Looks like you ordered the 9006 HIDs. Any issues with them fitting?

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't recommend an LED for low-beam use. HIDs are still going to provide more lumen output and a better output pattern. Especially in projector style headlight housings.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks to Nick and Justin got my 5K 35W Fog HIDs installed and they fit perfectly! Sent back the XML2s with their supplied return label and all is well!

How did you even get your XML2's in? I have a metal plate on both drivers and passenger side that prevents them from even lining up with the bulb socket.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nope ended up returning them for the same reason. Very happy with my HID fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts