Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got hid's for my highs and fogs. i already had the DRL mod done and with the help of Sparkz03dmax i was able to get the all-on mod done and i think they turned out nice! sorry for the cell pic, all i had on hand

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
do you have your fogs wired up too?

ive got HIDS in mine and love it with the hi/lo/fogs on runnin down the road to the woods

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no only low and highs. the fogs are a little more difficult to wire on the 01-02 models and honestly not sure how to lol

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Just jump the diode from the fog to the high relay. It's under the DIY forum.

MUCH more light when you add this

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hell yeah man, you're gonna love it at night!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
nice dude ibe been wanting to do this but no point living in the city

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I heard once that if you run HID's you run the risk of melting the housing. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
only time i've seen a melted housing was with a 55w that the user didn't install the bulb correctly in the housing.. it didn't turn in all the way, so it worked its way loose, and since he was running it on his low beams they were extremely warm and melted the crap out of the opening hole. ruined the headlamp assembly. a 55w is never needed to run low beams either. just my 0.02 however

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i bought the highs for my truck.... only prob is they took a sec to warm up and it kinda sucked when i needed them on right away... so i took them out and running stocks... they look like crap but atleast they go on right away

1 - 14 of 14 Posts