Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
no problems that I have read in the past 1 1/2 I have been reading the forums. The only problems that people have had was when they were adding too much hp and tq with programmers. The allison is a pretty strong transmission. As long as you keep the programming under 100 hp and aren't at WOT when you shift to 5th, you will be fine.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah I haven't heard of any trouble with the Allison trannies either. But no matter who's stock tranny you have if you throw enough power to it without modding it you'll have problems at some point..

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Allison is defiently the best Auto out of the big 3's offerings. (IMO)

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's a kind of opinionated I think. I know the Dodge isn't, but I know that the Torqshifts are very good from what i've been told by people who have them, as well as what i've read. Although I haven't read or heard as much on the Allisons, I know that they're good. But I can't say the Allison or the Torqshifts are better than one or the other.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the torq shift and allison are very comparible. i wish it was possible to mate one up to 7.3, but not likely to happen. dodge never could build a good auto tranny. cept for the torqflite.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah my 4r100 behind my 7.3 has held up very well, even with the big power of the TS chip. I think that Dodge will finally come out with a really good automatic when their new Cummins engine debuts..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dodge will be using an Aisin 6speed auto for the '07 model year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts