Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. I'm not sure if this is the right spot or thread to post this in but I need to replace part number 97215995 on my 2002 LB7 and cant seem to find a how to any where. Can someone with ALLDATA post the how to up or if any knows something I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
fuel lines?? from where to where.. i have all data at work.. and can look it up if i know what lines your looking for

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
im looking

·
Registered
208 Posts
that line come off the injector pump??

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
The return line? that looks like a real joy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea it looks like it is connected by a rubber hose. It's cracked down by the part that is bent like a U.

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
I doubt any manuals will show the return system replacement...I'll check mitchell for starters. Maybe 2006dmax will have some luck (I don't use alldata)

·
Registered
208 Posts
no luck yet...still looking'

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
mitchell's a no go. I've found plenty of oem instructions on every pressure tube on the truck but not on that particular return pipe. Haven't worked on enough dmax engines to help you...just start taking s**t off. lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
pm me a email address i think i found it

·
Registered
208 Posts
gonna be a minute just got busy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PM sent. Thanks no problem.

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
Doesn't have pics, but will give you something to read while waiting on your main helper:thumb

FUEL RETURN PIPE REPLACEMENT (ENGINE CONTROLS - 6.6L) Document ID# 801505

Fuel Return Pipe Replacement
Removal Procedure

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (Single Battery)Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (Auxiliary Battery) in Engine Electrical.
Drain the cooling system. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling in Engine Cooling.
Remove the air cleaner outlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Duct Replacement.
Remove the right turbo charged air outlet hose.

Remove the left turbo charged air outlet hose.
Remove the engine wiring harness. Refer to Engine Wiring Harness Assembly Replacement.

Remove the fuel feed line (1).

Remove the fuel injection pump to fuel feed block hose.

Remove the glow plug controller. Refer to Glow Plug Relay Replacement (California)Glow Plug Relay Replacement (Federal).

Remove the bolts from cylinder head (2), leak-off block and junction block.

Remove the fuel line retainers.

Remove the fuel return line assembly.
Installation Procedure

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Important: Always install new fuel line gaskets when servicing fuel lines.

Install the fuel return line assembly.
Tighten:

Tighten the bolt to 27 [n-m] (19 lb ft).

Install the fuel line retainers.
Tighten:

Tighten the bolt to 16 [n-m] (11 lb ft).

Install the bolts to the cylinder head (2), leak-off block and junction block.
Tighten:

Tighten the bolts to 15 [n-m] (11 lb ft).

Install the glow plug controller. Refer to Glow Plug Relay Replacement (California)Glow Plug Relay Replacement (Federal).

Install the fuel injection pump to fuel feed block hose.

Install the fuel feed line (1).
Tighten:

Tighten the fuel feed line nuts to 8 [n-m] (70 lb in).

Install the engine wiring harness assembly. Refer to Engine Wiring Harness Assembly Replacement.
Install the left turbo charged air outlet hose.

Install the right turbo charged air outlet hose.
Install the air cleaner outlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Duct Replacement.
Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (Single Battery)Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (Auxiliary Battery) in Engine Electrical.
Fill the cooling system. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling in Engine Cooling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Portions of materials contained herein have been reprinted with permission of General Motors Corporation, Service and Parts Operations" License Agreement #0410810.

Copyright 2007 - 2012 Service Repair Solutions, Inc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys. I really appreciate all the help and info from everyone. As far as the info goes it sounds like and looks like from the pictures that it's not talking about the same hose. I'll go take a look in the morning but from what I remember it seemed to look like it was pretty straight forward but you know info or directions are always well appreciated. I just hate to have to pay someone to fix it if it is something I could manage to just take a stab at. If you have anymore info or thoughts keep them coming.

·
Registered
208 Posts
kens auto....i think we sent him the same thing i just couldnt get the pics to come up either..hoping email they will

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea the pictures showed up in the email. Idk I'm thinking about just ordering ALLDATA. I wish they had like a Military discount or promo or something like that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
there were 4 or 5 return lines listed in that section i sent them all. Hope 1 of them is the right one. Good luck

1 - 20 of 28 Posts