Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LLY - Allison 5 Spd - 4WD - Stock 253K
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 LLY with 252k and a Allison. My trans has “Allison Retrans” on the side of it. I assume it is a remanufactured trans. When it shifts I can feel it. Is that normal? If I give it full throttle it has some turbo lag (normal?) and will occasionally kick pretty hard. Is there anything that can be done to improve shift quality? I just redid my head gaskets with some various other parts so I don’t know if that would improve performance at all and change input to the transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
It sounds like you might have one of these: Remanufactured Transmissions
You might try changing the fluid, Transynd seemed to tame the shifting on my trans. Also, I noticed using a PPE spin-on filter seemed to help, for some reason....

·
Registered
2005 LLY - Allison 5 Spd - 4WD - Stock 253K
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like you might have one of these: Remanufactured Transmissions
You might try changing the fluid, Transynd seemed to tame the shifting on my trans. Also, I noticed using a PPE spin-on filter seemed to help, for some reason....
I think that’s exactly what it is. I did do a pan drain and filled with Dex3. I replaced the filter with a Allison spin on with a new magnet.Should I replace the fluid with something better? What’s Transynd?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts