Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Chevy 3500 with 6.6 and Allison 1000 6 speed. I thought one of my employees burnt the Transmision up said it got hot I towed it home said shift range inhibited and wouldn’t move so I went and I got one out of a wrecked truck that was still driving everything shifted and drove fine. Did the swap and still having issues it was fine for about 30 minutes thin it went into 4th or 5th gear not sure and will not shift to different gears besides reverse. I have swapped tcm and ecm since and still stuck in limp with loud clanking noise when you change gears on shifter. I can clear codes but it comes back when you move shifter from park. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ, Z71 4x4
51 Posts
when you swapped transmissions did you also swap the “XYZ” switch (what we called in for English cars)? Could be called the ranger selector switch bolts on the transmission and the shift shaft goes through it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts