Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I’m new here and have a problem I’m hoping someone can help with. I have an 07’ Chevy 3500hd ext wheelbase non dually and out of the blue I went to start the truck and it shifts extremely hard into gear but will only move in Reverse. When in drive it slams into gear and then when you let off the brake the truck is still sitting still, if you give it a lot of gas, the truck will move forward but not driveable. I only did that once and haven’t messed with it since. Feels almost like the brakes are on and holding the truck back but they aren’t engaged, e brake is not down. Reverse works fine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t been able to put a reader on it yet but I ordered one and I should have it here in the morning to see what codes are being generated. Truck has had the Service Trailer Brake prompt on since I purchased the truck about 6 months ago. Original owner said it’s been on for most of the life of the truck. I’ll post the codes as soon as I receive the reader in the morning.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
You have got the best inthe business trying to help you. MIke L knows his stuff!

Reactions: BoiseRob

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
As info, the SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM message likely has nothing to do with your trans problem and likely will not have a code associated with it. But some do, C1112, C1113, etc. Will be interesting to see what the real problem and cure is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts