Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local diesel guy ask me the other day if I have updated the trans cooler lines for my Allison. What is he talking about? He said something about the factory GM lines coming apart at the crimps but mine look great is this a real concern for me hauling my camper? Anybody got any pictures, what makes the Allison lines better?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Hey bud,

Here is a pic of what he is talking about. Its a great thing to do on all years as these high pressure kits with compressor fittings will stop any leaks that are happening.

We have them in stock ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just replaced the three trans cooler lines on my 09 last week. One started to leak but while my mechanic had everything apart (about $225 labor) I had him replace all three. He told me as soon as I came in that the GM factory lines just didn't hold up and we would be back in a few years to do them again. However, I don't know that there is an aftermarket line kit. I think the photo above is the factory GM line kit.

BTW it wasn't a catastrophic rupture or anything, just the crimp connection of the fitting to the hose started to leak. If it would have happened while hauling it wouldn't have been a problem. All I noticed was a couple of drops in the parking spot...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yea that's not even close to the factory line kit.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Fleece also has a trans line kit also. They look good and I might go with these when to times come to replace my lines.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my cousins 08 truck has leaking lines now. Every winter he gets drips of pink fluid from the area of the right side radiator, I bet that's the cooler lines leaking. What do the new line kits sell for??

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey bud,

Here is a pic of what he is talking about. Its a great thing to do on all years as these high pressure kits with compressor fittings will stop any leaks that are happening.

We have them in stock ready to go.
is that the 1/2 or 5/8th's kit?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
hey sickdiesel,
i tried to find them on your site but didn't see them. how much and where are they?
thanks!
I couldn't find them either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a leak in these lines as well and would like to order. PM me as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
thought about doing these as well.
ive heard of people saying that the extra weight of them causes the fitting at the cooler to sag and leak/ or crack, i cant remember.
any one having this issue?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Tony @ DHD sells a kit also. He fixed mine last week when he built my trans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mine from DRP before Christmas but I'm going to wait til I do a complete trans service in a week or 2 to install them. I figured it would be less mess with tranny drained.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts