Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with my transmission and if this is normal. A few months ago I had my transmission built by Mike L, awesome guy who definitely knows his stuff. The transfer case was done for so he said just be easy on it and get a new one, finally installed a new transfer case and I got on it for the first time, all the shifts are crisp and smooth until the 3-4 shift, it's very jerky and rough. Only happens when I pin it from a stop. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm not sure if the converter will lock at WOT, but it might be the torque converter locking at that point. If you're giving it enough power when it engages the locking can feel "bouncy" or rough. Mine does this when trying to pass someone right as it locks.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Why don't you just ask Mike about it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do see the converter lock up in that gear on the monitor so possibly. Just trying to figure out if it's normal.
I'm not sure if the converter will lock at WOT, but it might be the torque converter locking at that point. If you're giving it enough power when it engages the locking can feel "bouncy" or rough. Mine does this when trying to pass someone right as it locks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The man gets phone calls all day long about stupid things, I'd rather not bug him over it if it's something that's normal. If it's not a normal thing then I'll give him a call.
Why don't you just ask Mike about it?

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Wouldn't bother me to contact the person who rebuilt my tranny if I thought I was having a problem especially with the cost involved with rebuilding these trannys. JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts