Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info on shift kits please. Thinking about buying a transgo shift kit for my 04 lb7. Just bought the truck with 203000 miles. In the process of changing all injectors at this time so haven't driven the truck much to tell how the transmission shifts. Truck had bully dog programmer installed then previous owner removed when sold. Not sure how much abuse the truck has had. Should I go ahead and install the shift kit or save the money and have it rebuilt? Id like to take care of the trans before buying any programmer or having it tuned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If ya need to know more about the truck just let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you do put a kit in go with transgo and stay away from the bullydog one. Your trans will just learn its way out of the crisper shifts.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Save the money and rebuild the whole trans. The transgo shift kit is a little more work to install than a transgo jr. shift kit (which works for the 6sp allison transmissions). to install the transgo shift kit you need to pull the transmission, you cant just pull the pan. I would just save for a rebuild and do it all at once

1 - 4 of 4 Posts