Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Grabbed a filter from my allison department and went to install it and when it was nowhere near fitting i looked at it closer, we have some very clear design changes. After quite a bit of discussing with allison/gm parts department we have been told that for an allison in a dmax we are to use the gm part number (29537965) which is double the price of the same filter from allison. now if we look up the allison number it sends us to a number change and the design of that filter is different and will not fit ! curious if anyone else has this issue? one of our parts guys here seems to think someone input an incorrect number change on our side....

to clarify - allison shows a part number change, gm does not. New Allison Filter does not fit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no problem, i just re-read my post and i left out some very important info. The filter does not fit ! I added that in now.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The "New Design" filter is probably made for a different tans-- not a Allison. Wrong part in the package/wrong part number! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
877 Posts
it could be for a diff allison model maybe a 2000 instead of a 1000?

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
I have had the "new" Allison deep filter part number 29542824 and have not had any complaints with the 20 or more sold since the new part came out. Have not had the new shallow pan filter yet still have been selling the old part number from stock.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
curious for more input on the shallow - mine hit the valve body. Old part number has done the trick over here as well

·
I'm?? Ron Burgundy??
812 Posts
I have had the "new" Allison deep filter part number 29542824 and have not had any complaints with the 20 or more sold since the new part came out. Have not had the new shallow pan filter yet still have been selling the old part number from stock.
so i'm safe to order the 29542824 for a deep pan right?

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
so i'm safe to order the 29542824 for a deep pan right?
Yes you are safe its all I have and all most dealers that move any stock have as the old part number is discontinued.

The new part number actually holds more fluid so its moving more fluid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts