Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonderin if any one could give some input on where to get the best price on the full transgo shift kit.

·
Registered
885 Posts
jus wantin to tune in here

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am guessing that you have the 5 speed, and from what I have read, you need to pull the whole trans to put in the kit and it is not worth the time adn effort to install the trans go. If you are going to pull the whole trans, you might as well just build it and not worry about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah got the 5 speed just wanted to do some minor stuff to the tranny dont plan to have the truck long enough to do anything major. just seein if it was really worth doin. and dont worry next truck WILL be a Dmax:D

·
Registered
877 Posts
if you have a 6 speed then you can use the trans go jr. cheapest place to buy them is ebay like $62 and $3 shipping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a 5spd is the transgo any good for them im just lookin for somethin to get it to shift better and hold up a lil more not runnin a real heavy tune its on like 120 tune right now

·
Registered
506 Posts
not worth the time or money....expecially if you dont plan on keepin the the truck very long!!!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
best thing to do with a 5speed alli if your going to keep it is do a stg3 or stg4 build.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input we'll see what happens if i get this new job. i might break down and make it a a$$ whoopin machine :gearjamin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts