Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2019 silverado . I have a question about the Allison trans I researched and have not really come up with the issue I’m dealing with . When I’m driving in highway stop and go traffic then the truck starts to coast and is between 1200 and 1400 rpms about 25-30 mph 3rd gear when I get back into the throttle it’s seems that the truck kind of bobbles back into the gear , it’s only for that split second that it does this. Has anyone experienced this or is it just a nature of the Allison trans?

·
Registered
952 Posts
It takes a while for the tcm to learn your driving habits. Then when it does, and you do something different it will act a little wonky. My 2018 did something similar a couple times. Coasting, then mash on the gas and it kinda bangs into a different gear.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Could it be your turbo spooling up? If you get on the gas pedal quick it take about a second for the turbo to kick in and goooooo

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 19 Silverado w/ Allison also. I’m having the same type of issues. While coasting down a slight grade at 40-45 for maybe 1/2 mile then back on the throttle it will hunt for the right gear. I have the same question is it a characteristic of the trans or is there something wrong. Feels like it freewheeling for efficiency and then is undecided which gear to grab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts