Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the allison trans hold up on the 01? If I buy one I would probably install 4" Straight Exhaust, Air Intake, and Edge EZ Chip.I will also be pulling a cattle trailer and Equipment trailer, both goosenecks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i've had no problems w/ my alli 5spd, i'm running my hypertech on +90 and i tow 10k once in a while. u can always turn your chip down when u tow

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
As long as the person before you didn't rag it out with a programmer, you will have no issues. I have had a programmer on my truck since almost new...I have had no problems, but I have limped it a couple of times. If I were to buy a used truck, I would have the tranny fluid changed along with the spin-on filter. The spin-on has a magnet on top of it...most dealerships throw it out with the old filter....mine did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sorta figured most of the problems were owner inflicted, those Allison tranny's are in all kinds of heavy duty equip and do a great job. I just didn't want to buy a problem and be left sitting along side of the road with 3 horses on a summer day. Thanks to all who answered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts