Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the allison work? I read in peterson's 4wheel and offroad that the six speed has one more tube in the valve body that engages the right combo of clutches. I have no idea cuz I drive a cummins. I'm just curious. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woah boy, if we had to explain it to you here then you never would understand, haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
straight stick

That is why I would rather have a manual trans. Brakes last longer, less tranny failure. Seems to be the best method of moving a vehicle around. When I was a well driller they told me Dextron is the worst oil to get on your hands and on the ground= in the water. Nearly every car on the road has an auto tranny.KY

·
Registered
28 Posts
i agree cummins i wished i never bought mine with allison mine has been nothing but trouble is doesnt help that the dealer doesnt care that i was dealing with about my shifting problems when truck is cold and it could be 50 or 95 degrees out and it wont shift into 5th gear until it has been driven for about 4 miles wow there goes fuel savings out my dual exhaust pipes
duramaxxed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Duramaxed

I got mine because my son was selling them for more than a year. The employee discount put his wages lower than livable, he quit. I did not like the way the v-8 ran when I test drove it. It would have been better if there was a manual trans to try, but the closest one was 400+ miles away. One other thing I don't like is you can't shut the outside air off, the Dodge cars and trucks you can. Looks like the fuel will be HIGH this summer, have a good one.KY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts