Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda mods you folks runnin? I'm thinkin about gettin some just taking ideas.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Personally when I have the money I am going with a suncoast kit..probably a stage III or IV and the 5 to 6 speed conversion....obviously a TC is on the list too (I think it comes with a stage IV)

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ya with the stage 3 or 4 you get the 1056 TC but if you want to do it right i would spend an extra $200 and get the 1057 TC..i deffently plan on getting the 5/6 speed conversion kit for my LLY..
how many hp can you run thru that transgo shift kit with a 1056 or 1057 TC?

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think someone said close to 600. They also said that 1000 tq is max. on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Transgo Jr?, ok i like the sound of firmer shifts with less chance of slippage and shouldn't that help line flow to help in keepin it cooler under load? anyways were can i read some info on this. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
The transgo jr kit is nice and its easy to install. 600rwhp/1000lbs I'd say is kind of step for just a jr kit and a 1057 but it would last for a while. If you're going to drop the trans to put in a 1056/57 you might as well install performance clutches while it's out. I'm not saying you have to do this but I know it takes me about 3.5 hrs to just drop an Ally so thats about 6-7 hrs worth of work. The transgo jr itself does not require dropping the trans.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The 1057 converter is perfect for racing or street rodding. The 1056 would be better for sled pulling and towing and all round driving. The 1057 is a smaller, lighter converter to help motor spool up.

The Jr kit is a great entry level upgrade. I would say its a great hold me over mod, but a full shift kit or performance built valve body is best if you are in the power game. For just a tuner (like a Diablo or Edge) and thats it, I think the Jr kit is perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts