Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I did a little searching and think I might need to replace my fuel pressure regulator on the CP3. When I start the truck it drops about 400 RPM really fast and then picks back up and runs fine. Doesnt crank any longer than normal to start, just drops RPM and almost dies, but then starts running fine. Also has a very slight lope or surge while idling. Injector balance rates are fine, no fuel in oil, no smoke, so I dont think its injectors. Does it hot or cold and starts really easy, just the RPM drop is annoying. Just want to get some opinions from some people, thanks!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for any ideas, I want to start working on it but want to know if anyone thinks that might be the problem!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey i got and idea put a fpr on it.....haha

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks Corey, I needed that push of enthusiasm......Probably going to get one ordered. At least your truck is out of my spot for now so I can work on mine......

Bump for any thoughts on my trucks issue. Going to order glow plugs and FPR from Merchant in a few days and just picking brains for ideas/thoughts. Im thinking either the glow plugs on controller are shot, they stay on for like a minute or more during the winter and I know they shouldnt, but no codes, so I dunno. Glow plugs first and if that doesnt fix it Ill get a controller. But the RPM drop at startup I know isnt the glow plugs and its loping worse now than before, so Im really thinking FPR.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts